A new generation has arrived! Unbelievably, it’s been over 20 years since I first “published” the original family cookbook, Harrisville Heritage. In the decades that passed, our family has grown, our palates expanded, and new “classic” recipes emerged. The younger generation has transformed from potato peelers into head chefs, bringing new ideas and techniques to the table. What hasn’t changed is our shared love of food, family tradition, and experimentation in the kitchen.
Why a website?
After two editions of Harrisville Heritage cookbooks being delivered in print, we’re going digital!
Why digital? Here’s just a few of the things I’m excited about:
- Convenience. All THREE cookbooks are now available in one place! (Wait, three? YES, three! Click the tab for Volume III to see the brand spankin’ new digital cookbook.)
- Accessibility. You can access recipes from home, work, vacation, etc, and easily share with friends by email.
- Usability. You may have noticed that some of the early print editions were lacking in things like … indexes? (Sorry about that. Really. Here’s one you can print out for your old print version of Volume I.) No more! Each volume has a main page with a clickable table of contents. The search functionality at the bottom of each page lets you easily find specific recipes or search by ingredient. You can also click any chef’s name to see all of the recipes that they contributed.
- Real-time updates. Along those lines, IF there were to be any errors (horrors!), they can easily be corrected. Different version of a recipe online than the one you inherited? Let me know, I’ll add alternate versions of recipes.
- Comments. Forget illegible sauce-splotched notes in the margins — now you can leave notes on a recipe by commenting at the bottom of the page…and we all can benefit from your experience. Let’s talk, and learn from each other. Be sure to check out our Facebook and Instagram pages for more ways to interact.
- Keep it growing. Is there a recipe missing? I can add it at any time! Have great people photos? Send them along and I’ll add them to the gallery. I’d also love to get to the point where we have a photo for each recipe … but it may take me some time to cook through all the recipes. Help! When you make one of these recipes, take a pic and send it to me — I’ll add it.
Now everyone get back to cooking! I hope you enjoy connecting through this site as much as I do.
With much love,